Successful development planning is not just about location. Accessibility and connectivity are critical factors that can affect the potential of a site. People will only come to live, work and play at places if they can arrive and move around easily and conveniently, and connect.
Successful development planning has the potential to facilitate wider economic development objectives, smooth the planning permission process, identify a city’s long-term transportation needs and support sustainable development, including rapid decarbonization.
Steer has been providing transportation planning solutions for public and private sector clients around the world for over 30 years. In this time, we have worked in the commercial, leisure, residential, healthcare, retail, education, aviation and energy sectors and have written best practice guidance on key topics such as preparing transportation assessments and parking management. Our team specialize in devising cost-effective transportation strategies which maximize access to and around developments by all modes while at the same time minimizing developer liabilities.
How we can help you
We help clients identify the redevelopment potential of land around the world. We advise upon initial feasibility and access requirements and then support planning applications by preparing the detailed transportation documentation. We assist with negotiating legal agreements and undertake the detailed design and implementation of highways improvements. Our core offer includes:
- Master planning
- Urban design
- Sustainable transportation, digital and energy solutions
- Support of planning applications for all types of development
- Helping companies to move
- Stadium and major event planning
- Pedestrian modeling and connectivity
- Highway design and traffic modeling
- Accessibility and GIS planning
- Transportation interchange planning
- Signage and wayfinding
- Communications strategy and implementation
- Management of servicing and waste
- Due diligence