Our role in helping people, places and economies thrive means that social responsibility is an important part of our culture and values. We relish the opportunity to make a difference whether it’s through our own efforts or supporting clients to identify the best ways for them to have a positive impact.
Engaging with our communities and giving back
At Steer, we encourage each other to support and contribute positively to our local communities and environments. In support of this, staff can benefit from five days of volunteering leave each year. A small snap-shot of some recent activity includes:
- Preparing meals for homeless people in San Diego with the Urban Angels charity.
- Volunteering at St. Francis House in Boston, the largest day shelter in Massachusetts.
- Teaching children as part of a social support project for PANN Foundation in Bogotá.
- Educating Londoners about health and environmental effects on Anti-Idling Action Day.
- Generating funding for the construction of new affordable housing for Habitat for Humanity.
- Spending time with the elderly at the North London Cares social club to tackle loneliness.
- Collecting trash in Vancouver as part of the Great Canadian Shoreline Clean Up.
Charitable-giving is at the heart of our values, with a donation-matching initiative available for staff who undertake fundraising activities.
Supporting equality, diversity and inclusion
Our people are our greatest asset so we are committed to promoting and championing a culture of diversity, inclusion and equality to ensure that every employee has a working environment that promotes dignity, respect and growth.
Our Modern Slavery Policy Statement reflects our commitment to acting ethically and with integrity in all our business relationships and to implementing and enforcing effective systems and controls to ensure slavery and human trafficking is not taking place anywhere in our supply chains.
Sustainability and the environment
Taking a sustainable approach is of fundamental importance to our company, staff, clients and local communities. We conduct our business with the objective of minimizing our impact on the environment while providing a safe and healthy place for our staff to work. We seek continuous improvement in sustainability practices and our commitment to this is delivered through our procedures and policies.